Rec for news reader w/Linux

Post by Neil Cherr » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I need a recommendation for a news reader, I'm using AT&T Worldnet
Services, I have Linux 2.0.0, I'm running ppp on a 28.8 modem and
I want the ability to filter messages. Anyone have any recommendations
other than Netscape (no filters).

Neil Cherry

Rec for news reader w/Linux

Post by Rene Pijlma » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I need a recommendation for a news reader, I'm using AT&T Worldnet
> Services, I have Linux 2.0.0, I'm running ppp on a 28.8 modem and
> I want the ability to filter messages. Anyone have any recommendations
> other than Netscape (no filters).

Have a look at skim. Its fast over slow modem lines:

http://www.inter.nl.net/users/R.W.Pijlman/skim/Skim.html

Regards,
--
Rene Pijlman

http://www.inter.nl.net/users/R.W.Pijlman

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
     - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

1. "vn" news reader 4 linux?

Anyone know if the "vn" news reader is available for linux?

I'd really like to use it, it's taking me more time than I currently
have to figure out using gnus.

Please e-mail also directly if you post.

Thanks a bunch.
Esmail
PS: Can anyone suggest a better place for me to post this?
--
----

2. ANN: HawkNL 1.68

3. news reader for linux

4. Three HDs and ftape: system hangs :(((

5. News Readers (via NNTP) for Linux?

6. pwck

7. Advice on best news reader for Linux using PPP/NNTP

8. booting from LILO with SBPCD

9. News reader for Linux ?

10. News reader for Linux

11. GREAT News.com Survey: Readers bullish on security, Linux

12. Off-line news reader for LInux ?

13. Are there any offline news/mail readers for LINUX?