HSE Lan Networking Problem

Post by Thomas Xi » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:27:12

Hello:

I installed pppoe with BEll's HSE following by the reference. I can browser
to net and my locla computer have been connected, however my local computer
can not connect to net. That means my network or say firewall does not work.
Could you please let me know how I deal with this problem if you know.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jeffrey

HSE Lan Networking Problem

Post by Thomas Xi » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:27:17

Hello:

I installed pppoe with BEll's HSE following by the reference. I want to
share the internet connection with my 2 other computers, but I don't know
how. The "Ping" works on the other computers and the internet works on the
local computer. I would like to set up LAN and a network.. And I would also
like to set a internet sharing and firewall.

Can someone please help me and send me step-by-step information on how to do
so...
I'N NOT very good in computers so please send me the information without too
much hard-to-understand stuff, just tell me what to do (like "go to ... type
...")

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY VERY Much.  Thanks a lot in advance.

PS: I have Linux Mandrake 7.1.

HSE Lan Networking Problem

Post by Dennis Abua » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:00:00

First and foremost, set up the linux box
with two NIC's.  One connecting
to your HSE Modem and the other connecting
to your hub that all the computers are connected
to.  Make sure the NIC's work.

Just go to www.roaringpenguin.com and download the pppoe
scripts to get you on the net.  Follow the directions and that
should be it.  It has a standard firewall but you need to tweak it
to your preferences.

Quote:> Hello:

> I installed pppoe with BEll's HSE following by the reference. I want to
> share the internet connection with my 2 other computers, but I don't know
> how. The "Ping" works on the other computers and the internet works on the
> local computer. I would like to set up LAN and a network.. And I would
also
> like to set a internet sharing and firewall.

> Can someone please help me and send me step-by-step information on how to
do
> so...
> I'N NOT very good in computers so please send me the information without
too
> much hard-to-understand stuff, just tell me what to do (like "go to ...
type
> ...")

> THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY VERY Much.  Thanks a lot in advance.

> PS: I have Linux Mandrake 7.1.

1. HSE ADSL, MASQ, and MTU problems.

There seems to be a problem with Bell's HSE ADSL internet access for
those of us that are trying to connect via a Linux box using PPPoE and
then masquerading IP packets from either Windows os other Linux
clients.  Has anyone actually been successful in finding and
implementing a fix for this?  Does one simply set their entire ethernet
network to work at an MTU of 1492 instead of 1500 or is there some
alternative to Bells PPPoE client that does not suffer from the MTU
problem???

Any suggestions would be appreciated, either on this newsgroup or by
e-mail

2. Problem with ports

3. IP-Forwarding PPP-LAN but not LAN-LAN

4. Q: setting default file permission

5. Network to Network IPSec VPN using RHEL/CentOS: separate VPN Router and LAN Gateway

6. IP chains SUCK, or more likely its me..

7. Pocket LAN adapter problems: everything is running, but still no network...

8. Linux Hardware configuration for Website

9. Simple tcp/ip LAN network - problem

10. Problem getting LAN networking to work. (3c509)

11. LAN-to-LAN VPN(Poptop+PPTP client) problem

12. LAN <--> LAN via ppp - ROUTING PROBLEM

13. wireless lan problem; sees the access point, but does not connect to network