DHCP server for Linux having two ethernet cards

Post by Frank-Christian Krueg » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>I have configured a Pentium box with two ethernet cards using RedHat
>Hurricane 5.0. One card is connected to the internet with a fixed IP address
>and the other card to my LAN. I am running samba, proxy server, sendmail etc.
>successfully on this. However, when I try to start DHCP server, dhcpd exits
>with a message that it can not find the subnetmask for the second NIC. I have
>a doubt the dhcpd I am using can not support multiple NIC.

The ISC dhcpd 2.0 is supposed to support two cards. I got an dhcpd from a
Sunsite mirror (but am unsure if it is the isc dhcp), and it definitely works.
You must add routes for 255.255.255.255 to both interfaces, otherwise Windows
clients will complain.

 Frank-Christian Krgel