ibm.net ppp setup problem

Post by S.C.Chea » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi eveyone,
  i am installing linux redhat 4.2, i have problem to dial-up to
ibm.net. my modem did dial-up (the carrier detect, off hook, terminal
ready lights on) but it seems like disconnect when come to "verifying
username and passwd"(those lights off). ibm people suggest me to check
string and i do not know how to do it
i am using Hayes Accura 288 V.34+fax modem. below r my settings.
  In chat-ppp0 file :
'ABORT' 'BUSY'
'ABORT' 'ERROR'
'ABORT' 'NO CARRIER'
'ABORT' 'NO DIALTONE'
'ABORT' 'Invalid Login'
'ABORT' 'Login incorrect'
'' 'ATZ'
'OK' 'ATDT7162516'
'CONNECT' ''
'ord:' 'XXX'
'ogin:' 'myinet.abc'

  In ifcfg-ppp0 :
DIALCMD=ATDT
INITSTRING=ATZ
MODEMPORT=/dev/modem
LINESPEED=115200
ESCAPECHARS=no
DEFABORT=yes
HARDFLOWCTL=yes
DEVICE=ppp0
PPPOPTIONS=
PAPNAME=
REMIP=
IPADDR=
BOOTPROTO=none
MTU=1500
MRU=1500
DISCONNECTTIMEOUT=120
RETRYTIMEOUT=300
USERCTL=no

-- i am not sure whether ibm.net is using pap or others
-- in /var/log/messages, error is " no carrier" and "connection script
failed"
-- also what is "ppp line discipline successfully unregistered"

  hope u could help.
  Thanks in advance

regards,
Tung

ibm.net ppp setup problem

Post by Clifford Ki » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

: 'ord:' 'XXX'
: 'ogin:' 'myinet.abc'

Try putting the login expect/send before the password expect/send.

--

/* Speak softly and carry a +6 two-handed sword. */