IP Masquerade Modules won't load

Post by Ludio Nieve » Tue, 30 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hope someone can help me out here.
I'm trying to load some ip masquerade modules but can't seem to get this

right.
Here's what I've done so far:

    1) Compiled kernel with modules support
    2) Compiled kernel with ip masquerade support (I've tried kernels
2.0.30, 2.1.43, and 2.1.55)
    3) Each time, I've run "make modules" and "make modules_install"
    4) In my rc.local file, I have the following lines:
        /sbin/depmod -a
        /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp.o
        /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc.o
        /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake.o
        /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o

So far, so good.

Here's what I get when I reboot:

    *** Unresolved symbols in module
/lib/modules/2.1.55/ipv4/ip_masq_ftp.o
      (also irc, quake, and raudio)
    kernel_version needed, but can't be found
      (I get this line once for each module)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-- Ludio --

Post by John Luc » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Hope someone can help me out here.
> I'm trying to load some ip masquerade modules but can't seem to get this

> right.
> Here's what I've done so far:

>     1) Compiled kernel with modules support
>     2) Compiled kernel with ip masquerade support (I've tried kernels
> 2.0.30, 2.1.43, and 2.1.55)
>     3) Each time, I've run "make modules" and "make modules_install"
>     4) In my rc.local file, I have the following lines:
>         /sbin/depmod -a
>         /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp.o
>         /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc.o
>         /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake.o
>         /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o

> So far, so good.

> Here's what I get when I reboot:

>     *** Unresolved symbols in module
> /lib/modules/2.1.55/ipv4/ip_masq_ftp.o
>       (also irc, quake, and raudio)
>     kernel_version needed, but can't be found
>       (I get this line once for each module)

> Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance!

> -- Ludio --

Don't forget to run lilo so it can update the kernal map. You may want
to look at /etc/lilo.conf also.

Follow the mini HOWTO for compiling the kernal and it works every time.

John...
--
Please remove "nospam" from reply address for e-mail...

"A Bad Day on the Golf Course is far better than a Good Day at Work"

1. ip masquerading - webpages won't load all the time

I have Red Hat 7.1 (kernel 2.4.2-2) acting as a gateway for a win2k machine.
When I try to view web pages using the windows machine, sometimes the page
begins to display but then stops with an error messgage (IE - "The page
cannot be displayed"; Netscape - "A network connection error occured while
Netscape was receiving data (Network Error:  Connection reset by peer)").
Often, if I press reload many times the page will eventually display.  I
never have any problem viewing pages from the linux box...this makes me
think that it's not forwarding all the data all the time.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

John

2. Troubles with Cirrus Logic

3. IP Masquerading won't even load

4. Masquerading

5. Lilo won't load os/2, os/2 won't load lilo

6. Determining what hardware one has?

7. 'insmod' won't load newly compiled modules

8. Performance issues using ksh for cgi scripts

9. RPM 'error' and modules won't load

10. Module won't load - doesn't like System.map - ??

11. ns558 Module Won't Load

12. aic7xxx module won't automatically load

13. modules help -- ftape.o won't load