gaming over firewall/router

Post by Florian St » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:34:30

does anybody know what i have to do when i want to act as a game-server for
an internet session when my
network looks like this:
i'd like to play james bond nightfire (which uses port 26015)
how do i manage port-forwarding with iptables ???
i'm using suse 8.0 with iptables (scroll down)

linux-router
    eth1    80.x.x.x/24 (internet)
    eth0    10.10.1.254/8 (local)
workstation
              10.10.1.1/8

my iptables:
# clear all tables
iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -X
# apply my own settings...
iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.10.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -d 10.10.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 139 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 26015 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -j ACCEPT

any problems with my settings - any hints ??? hope so...
nice greetings from Austria (--> no kangaroos there ;)
Florian St.

1. SnapGear firewall, ADSL router and backup ISDN router

Hi to everyone,

I have the following configuration:

LAN ----> SnapGear Firewall ----> ADSL Router ----> Internet

I would like to re-use an ISDN router to setup a failover connection to the
Internet, like this:

LAN ----> SnapGear Firewall ----> ADSL Router ----> Internet
                                               ----> ISDN Router  ---->

I belive I've the following options:
1. static routes with different metrics and dead gateway detection: this
only  work if the firewall - ADSL router connection goes down, does not work
if the ADSL router - Internet connection (the one I'm concerned about) fail.
2. dynamic routing protocols, (ie gated or zebra) which should work but are
not installed on SnapGear...

It seems to me it can't be done with this hardware...
Maybe someone has a brighter idea ??? :-)

Kind regards,
    Corrado

2. -

3. Problem DSL Router <-> Firewall Router <-> Clients

4. Linux / Samba as LAN print queue server?

5. firewall/router - subnet/router - subnet

6. make:sh...O/S error?

7. Cisco Router/OpenBSD router firewall setup

8. X on a Compaq Armada 4150T notebook

9. Do I need a software firewall in addition to a NAT router/firewall?

10. linksys router & online games

11. linux router: online game slower?

12. Sidewinder Game Voice Behind Firewall

13. help with playing StarCraft games behind a linux firewall