network problem

Post by Sree » Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:58:00

I can ping to the gateway form the box, but from the router to the box its
not reachable.
it throws an error  SIOCSIFADDR  Network Not Reachable
kindly help

Rgds...Sree

network problem

Post by Dominik Ru » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:01:50

> I can ping to the gateway form the box, but from the router to the box its
> not reachable.

Just to clarify: Is "gateway" and "router" the same machine?
I think "yes" but I'm not sure.

Quote:> it throws an error  SIOCSIFADDR  Network Not Reachable

Seems to be a misconfiguration of your routes on your gateway/router.
What tells "route" on this machine?

Bye, Dominik

1. Network problems with 3c595 on 100T network (detailed)

Hi,
        I have a networking problem which I have not managed to solve after
reading the relevant HOTWO files. Any help will be appreciated.

Setup:
  Intel Pentium Pro with 3Com 595 100Tx card connected to 100T network.

  The machine has WIN/NT installed and manages to access the network.

Software:
  - I have installed Slackware 3.1 (from InfoMagic CDROM)
  - run "netconfig" with appropriate parameters (double checked)

Symptoms:

  - Kernel recognizes right device
  - No error messages at boot time

  - ifconfig shows the device setup, but shows 0 on all TX and RX counts,
    including errors counts.
  - same for /proc/net/dev

  - routing table seems ok (as far as I understand these things)

Yet, I can't run a single network application.

ping to my gateway just hang. When I press ^c, it reports "NN packets sent, 100% packet loss".

I tried to ping the machine from another machine, and again no
communications.

The interesting thing is that "ifconfig" keeps insisting that nothing was sent
 nor transmitted.

The only thing that I can think of is that the device parameters are not set
right. In particular "ifconfig" reports:

eth0  Link encap: 10MBps Ethernet ...

when the net should 100MBps.

Can this be the problem? If so, how do I set the right mode for the device?

Thanks,

-Nir

2. Linux Mandrake 8 - running as a server in a kinda NT Server mode ?

3. Two network adapters on seperate networks problem

4. _BSD_OFF_T_ type long long

5. Curious Networking problem: Installed via FTP but now the Network won't start.

6. mouse problem - top left corner

7. Network problem, can't ping other machines on same network

8. Teraterm Terminfo Source

9. Network problem: SIOCADDT: Network is unreachable

10. network problem - local network setup

11. Network problem on SLS .99pl12 (Network is unreachable)

12. Strange network problem (network suddenly stops working) - partial solution

13. Networking problem in Linux, but no problem in Windows on same hardware