Samba on NT domain, Unable to join domain

Samba on NT domain, Unable to join domain

Post by Aaron Zirbe » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have Samba set up on a RH 6.0 box, 3c509, in an NT domain.

I have the security=domain, encrypted password, and worgroup=MYDOMAIN
installed along with the password server = MY_PDC, yet I can't seem to be
able to join the domain.
I initialized the machine name on the PDC like it says in the DOCS, but
when I type:

"smbpasswd -j MYDOMAIN -r MY_PDC"  I get the following error:

 modify_trust_password: machine MY_PDC rejected the session setup. Error
was : code 131.
 1999/09/08 22:35:14 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain MYDOMAIN.
 Unable to join domain MYDOMAIN.

If this helps, I can browse the shares on a Win95 box using any password,

 session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

When I try to browse the shares on a WinNT machine
(server=BDC/other or workstation) It asks me for a password, and my
password doesn't work (even though it's right) and prints:

When I try to browse the shares on the Primary WinNT server (PDC), I get
the following error before the password prompt:

 session request to MY_PDC failed
 session request to *SMBSERVER failed

I'm stuck.  Please help. Thanks!

                    http://www.searchlinux.com