1. Trouble mounting remote samba shares via autofs
I posted last week about trying to mount remote samba shares (on a
WinXP box) via entries in fstab.
I managed to get it to work (somewhat), but I've been told by our
resident RHCE that mounting them via autofs would be the way to go.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work!
Here is my auto.master file:
# $Id: auto.master,v 1.2 1997/10/06 21:52:03 hpa Exp $
# Sample auto.master file
# Format of this file:
# mountpoint map options
# For details of the format look at autofs(8).
#/misc /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
/mnt /etc/auto.mydocs --timeout=120
... and here is my auto.mydocs file:
I've tried adding workgroup=myworkgroup as well. I've also tried
specifiying a credentials file as well, but with no results. I've run
chmod 600 on the auto.mydocs file in case I put in my password - so no
one save root can read it.
Whenever I uncomment the above entries, nothing gets mounted in my
/mnt directory - not even the cd-rom, floppy etc specified in my fstab
file. The /mnt directory is empty! The /mnt/mydocs directory doesn't
even get created.
Is there something that I'm missing here?
2. What is your ATA66 HDD speed?
3. Backing Up remote drive with SAMBA
4. HTTP Proxy source code
5. mounting a remote cd drive
6. Wireless Dial-Up Network
7. Having trouble mounting remote drives
8. read/write of socket, threading
9. Samba: connecting (mounting) to WinNT drives?
10. Mounting a remote tape drive
11. samba and mounting a network drive
12. Can samba automatically mount an NT shared drive?
13. mount a remote drive