Dial up connection fails too often

Post by Brice D. Fleckenstei » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I am using DIP 3.3.7o-uri under LINUX kernal 2.0.0 for my dialup ISP
connections.

 I have connection failures on the average of every 3 hours on one
connection due apparently to noisy phone lines (the other ISP has a full
digital connection at their site, usually stays up for a couple days at
a time).

 Is there some way to configure DIP to redial a connection that has gone
down on it's own?

 If not, is there a functional equivilent that I can replace DIP with
that WILL do redial upon connection failure?

 Please email copies of any replies to the despammed address below, as
my "Reply-to" and "From" are for an account that I do NOT read the mail
at.

--

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg