Serial Line Load Balancing

Post by Tony Vaccarell » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

Could someone kindly direct me to where I can find information about
setting up 2 or 3 modems on Linux 2.x so that the throughput is
increased. I have searched the HOWTO's without luck.

Thanks

Tony Vaccarella
Sydney Australia

Serial Line Load Balancing

Post by Tony Vaccarell » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

Im in the process of building a Web Server and need to find out how I
can connect multiple modem (2 or 3) using pppd and Serial Line Load
Balancing to share the traffice. I know the current kernels support this
feature but, as yet, have not been able to find information about how
this can be done.

Could anyone kindly help if they know something about this subject or
point me to the right area to find information on the subject.

I am running Caldera on a Cyrix P233+ CPU 64Mb SDRAM.

Thank you
Tony Vaccarella
Sydney Australia

Serial Line Load Balancing

Post by Keith Kno » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

I was told just last week, that EQL or slirp should work, but I'm just
starting that project.  So I don't have any solid solutions.

Keith Knohl

On Sun, 10 May 1998 10:29:25 +1000, Tony Vaccarella

>Im in the process of building a Web Server and need to find out how I
>can connect multiple modem (2 or 3) using pppd and Serial Line Load
>Balancing to share the traffice. I know the current kernels support this
>feature but, as yet, have not been able to find information about how
>this can be done.

>Could anyone kindly help if they know something about this subject or
>point me to the right area to find information on the subject.

>I am running Caldera on a Cyrix P233+ CPU 64Mb SDRAM.

>Thank you
>Tony Vaccarella
>Sydney Australia

Serial Line Load Balancing

Post by Ron Freide » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am in the process of doing the same thing with Eql, I have the modems
intalled, can dial out with both of them but I haven't succeeded in
enslaving the two. Maybe if one of us succeeds they can help the others.

The readme and the faq I have found are very cryptic, if I get it to
work I will post a howto.

> Could someone kindly direct me to where I can find information about
> setting up 2 or 3 modems on Linux 2.x so that the throughput is
> increased. I have searched the HOWTO's without luck.

> Thanks

> Tony Vaccarella
> Sydney Australia

1. serial-line load balancing

Hello:

Can anyone give me insight into the new kernel 2.2 feature of serial-
line load balancing?  Specifically, there is a router which will, when
connected to two modems to an isp, use the second line and its
corresponding bandwidth only when there is a need or call for its being
used, leaving the second line free and available for other uses.  Can a
linux box be configured to perform that same function?  Where are the
best resources for learning the configurations necessary to use serial-
line load balancing in linux?  We will be using RedHat 6.0 and
hopefully a 486.

I'll appreciate any help.

Spike Parker

--
Eastex Crude Company
Newsome, Texas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. mailtool for Linux?

3. Serial Line Load Balancing

4. core dump after changing dynamic library

5. Bonding? Serial Line load balancing combined possible?

6. Xsun growing with 24bit displays.

7. EQL serial line load balancing

8. Q: forwarding virtual local emailadresses

9. serial line load balancing

10. EQL (serial line load balancing)

11. EQL serial line load balancing

12. Load balancing on two dsl lines, gateway questions

13. Load balancing dual DSL lines