32-Bit PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Post by chillih.. » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:21:51

i've got the 32-Bit PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter for the cable modem for my pc.

the driver has been installed to Win98 sys. and runs ok to connect to
internet.

now, i'd like to install the driver into the redhat 5.2 system.  can any1
pls help??  where should i get it configured???

tx in advance.

chilli

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

32-Bit PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Post by Rasmus B?g Hanse » Tue, 19 Dec 2000 04:10:48

Quote:> i've got the 32-Bit PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter for the cable modem for my pc.

You have to tell us more. There exists a lot of different Fast Ethernet
chips - and they use different drivers.

Whar brand /model is it? Do you know what chip is onboard?

Quote:> the driver has been installed to Win98 sys. and runs ok to connect to
> internet.

> now, i'd like to install the driver into the redhat 5.2 system.  can any1
> pls help??  where should i get it configured???

When you ahve identified the type of card, you should fire up some
network.configuration tool. IIRC there was no linuxconf on redhat 5.2 (try
it anyway) - but there was some tool called something like netconf -
perhaps it can be started from 'setup'.

If you do not have any networking tools installed, you will first have to
install  netkit-base and perhaps another few things (like netconf /
linuxconf).

Rasmus B. Hansen