Micro$oft Netmeeting thru linux router

Post by RPJ Scharro » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:06:55

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how-to use netmeeting through
a ipchains firewall. It works fine on the internal
network.

When I try to connect the outside world all I get
is sound (speech) and no imaging.

The ports decribed on the micro$oft side have access
thru my firewall.

I know there has some portforwarding to be done
p.e. ipmasqadm or something, but I'm not sure how it
works, no errormessages or anything, but still no
imaging.

Can anyone tell me (step by step) how I can get this
working?

I use a Logitech web-cam on a windows '98se machine.
RedHat Linux 7.0 as an internet machine.

Tia,
Greetz,
Ronald Scharroo

Micro$oft Netmeeting thru linux router

Post by William Steine » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:57:26

Hi,
I just got NetMeeting 3.01 working through ipchains on a Red Hat 7.0 (with
all the latest package updates) gateway/firewall. However, it's only working
for outgoing calls so far. I was searching the newsgroups for info on how to
get incoming calls working when I noticed your message and thought I'd share
some experience. I'll warn you first that it has been a lot of work, mostly
because I was a total newbie to kernel hacking. You'll have a much easier
time if you already know how to rebuild the kernel and modules. It was a
good excuse to learn more about the internals of the Linux OS. Hope you have
fun too.

I think the best way to get you started is to provide the following two