Need to assign IP addresses dynamicly on Ethernet !!!

Need to assign IP addresses dynamicly on Ethernet !!!

Post by Boyan Biando » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi
I have a Linux box that is also my gateway and bunch of PCs attached to
the local ethernet using packet ODI drivers/winsock and they will mostly
use netscape. I need to assign IP addresses for those PCs dynamicly !
Bootpd does similar job but it CANNOT assign dynamic IPs.
What program should I use??

--

1. Assigning a second IP address to am Ethernet card???

I am setting up a Satellite link which joins into a class 'c' subnet. The
situation is that I have two subnets on the same physical network. I need a
FreeBSD server to serve requests on both subnets.

Does anyone have any experience or advice in how to do this properly?

I have tried a variety of methods with mixed success.

Any help is very much welcomed.

Regards,
Russ Eden.

2. nfs server under RedHat 6.0

3. Setting up DMZ, IP routing and assigning IP addresses

4. IPChains

5. Correct IP configuration for machine with dynamically-assigned IP address?

6. rexec() subroutine call returns "Connection refused" WHY???????????

7. ethernet addresses and IP addresses

8. nsend to NetWare4-Server fails

9. Finding the ip address and hardware (ethernet) address of client behind a gateway

10. Ethernet address & IP address

11. Determination of the IP address by a given Ethernet MAC hardware address

12. Convert ethernet address to ip address

13. ip address from ethernet address?