3c509

Post by Jack & Carol Coat » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

3com EL II, seems to have IRQ set at 3.  I don't have the diskette, so how
can I change the IRQ?
--
"Remember, the business of life is living,
not business." -- Malcom Forbes

3c509

Post by Carlos Vida » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> 3com EL II, seems to have IRQ set at 3.  I don't have the diskette, so how
> can I change the IRQ?

You can download the drivers (that is, the diskette) from

        http://infodeli.3com.com/

Carlos Vidal

3c509

Post by Donald Beck » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>3com EL II, seems to have IRQ set at 3.  I don't have the diskette, so how
>can I change the IRQ?

The 3c503 has no EEPROM to store a suggested IRQ, so there is no card setup
that can be done.

By default the Linux driver chooses one of IRQ 5, 9, 3, or 4, in that order.

You can force a specific IRQ line to be select with a LILO parameter e.g.
   ether=9,0x300,eth0
to use IRQ9 on the 3c503 at 0x300.

Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882         http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/people/becker/whoiam.html

3c509

Post by Al & Denise Walle » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> 3com EL II, seems to have IRQ set at 3.  I don't have the diskette, so how
> can I change the IRQ?
> --
> "Remember, the business of life is living,
> not business." -- Malcom Forbes

http://www.3com.com

ftp the file 3c5x9cfg.exe

runs under dos