squid, limiting downloads

Post by whadda.. » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
I've limited the possibility to download files using the below
ACLs:
acl adm1 src x.y.z.w
acl adm2 src a.b.c.d

then, I used the below acl to deny download of some file types:
acl httpex urlpath_regex \.(zip|exe|mp3)$
http_access deny !adm1 httpex

So far everything works, however if I add:
http_access deny !adm2 httpex

...adm1 cannot download anymore!! does anyone know why ?
thanks,
Gianluca

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Rick Matthe » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>I've limited the possibility to download files using the below
>ACLs:
>acl adm1 src x.y.z.w
>acl adm2 src a.b.c.d

>then, I used the below acl to deny download of some file types:
>acl httpex urlpath_regex \.(zip|exe|mp3)$
>http_access deny !adm1 httpex

>So far everything works, however if I add:
>http_access deny !adm2 httpex

>...adm1 cannot download anymore!! does anyone know why ?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

If you want only adm1 and adm2 allowed http_access, but you don't want
them downloading zip|exe|mp3 files, then you should use:

acl adm1 src x.y.z.w
acl adm2 src a.b.c.d
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl httpex urlpath_regex \.(zip|exe|mp3)$
http_access deny httpex
http_access allow adm1 adm2
http_access deny all

--