Migration (abbreviated version)

Post by John McG » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello;

I am a Master's of Managment Information Systems
candidate at Auburn University, Auburn, AL. I am doing research into
the problems encountered during migration from one network operating
system to another as part of my master's project .

I fully appreciate that this topic is not something one can read about
and
fully comprehend, but the goal of my research is to
provide a broad overview of problems associated with migration and not
in-depth tweaking methods.

To aid my research, I am conducting a web-based survey about Network
Operating System Migration.  If you have participated in a Network
Operating System Migration, I would appreciate your participation in
my
survey.
Additionally, if you know someone who has participated in in a
migration,
please forward them a copy of this message.

To participate in this survey,follow this link:

http://www.auburn.edu/~mcgeeja/NOSSurvey.mv

If you have already participated in the long version of this survey,
please disregard this message.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

John

--
John A. McGee, II

http://www.auburn.edu/~mcgeeja

1. migration from sna version 3.1 to sna version 5 problems

We have migration sna from version 3.1 to version 5 and are encountering
errors relating to invalid user name.  The actual message is

"Cannot start TP.  The configured user name is invalid
TP name = APPCACCEPT
User name = ...."

Has anyone come across this problem and can give any clues to fixing it.

Many thanks.

2. Where is libslang-1.3.7?

3. apache version of iPlanet acl's...is there a migration tool ?

4. admuseradd error

5. Migration of users from AIX same version

6. newbie w/ ppp compile problem

7. User migration to system with higher OS-Version without expensive tools

8. Segmentation fault???

9. Data Migration on Sun Cluster Nodes (2.2 & 3.1 Versions)

10. changing prompt in Korn shell to abbreviate home directory

11. Ftape Version/Kernel Version ?

12. Publishers version vs box version?

13. Version PPP-2.1.2b ... Newer Version?