specifying a port number to a network address/ip address

specifying a port number to a network address/ip address

Post by Duke » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:55:02

I would like to know how it is possible to specify a port number to a
certain ip address

or atleast a way in which a specific port for a certain network
address

eg. 192.168.1.0 network having a specific port number??

how can this be done??

specifying a port number to a network address/ip address

Post by Duke » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:55:02

I would like to know how it is possible to specify a port number to a
certain ip address

or atleast a way in which a specific port for a certain network
address

eg. 192.168.1.0 network having a specific port number??

how can this be done??

specifying a port number to a network address/ip address

Post by /dev/nul » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:09:19

You're in luck, it just so happens that every computer on that network will
already have every port from 1 to 65535.

I get the feeling you're not really asking what you need.  What exactly are
you wanting to do?

Post by ynotsso » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:19:54

> I would like to know how it is possible to specify a port number to a
> certain ip address
> or atleast a way in which a specific port for a certain network
> address
> eg. 192.168.1.0 network having a specific port number??
> how can this be done??

The notation used to specify a port/IP address combination is, e.g.:

    192.168.0.1:110

which indicates port 110 on the IP address. You can observe this
numerically on your machine with "netstat -an".

             tony

--
use hotmail.com for any email replies

1. Network Security: I.P. Address With Corresponding Mac Address

Hi.

I have a home LAN that will soon have ADSL access.  I am trying to
give only some of the users on my LAN Internet access while
prohibiting others from doing so.  One method I thought of is matching
IP addresses to corresponding mac addresses.  That is, my Linux server
will check to make sure that a certain computer that has been assigned
a certain IP address will have a certain mac address before access is
given.  I haven't been able to locate such an option in the I.P.
Masquerading software or the IPChains software.  I do not want to
modify the C++ source code to do so unless it is absolutely necessary.

Any other suggestions is welcomed.

B.T.

2. Implementing BSD functions in SysV

3. simple q on IP address and port number

4. X problems

5. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses

6. SMB and IP masquerading

7. WANTED: pingmac <IP ADDR> which returns <MAC ADDRESS of IP ADDRESS>

8. red hat 5.2 help

9. dynamic ip address - how to get to know my ip address?

10. DNS returning an IP address and Port number

11. netfilter can we snat port numbers like ip address

12. IP Masquerading with IP Address and Mac Address Restrictions

13. Network-to-network PPP with same network portion of IP address