is it possible to link two modems together locally without
a real phone line ,do you need any special equipment eg
attenuators or anything
No but you might be better off just using a null modem cable and skippingQuote:> ,do you need any special equipment eg
>attenuators or anything
1. load balance two two nic cards, one cable modem?
Anyone have any thoughts on the potential for:
putting three nics in a Unix box, grabbing two DHCP addrs from
Roadrunner (in my case), with the first two nics, and using the third
as a natted default gateway for internal boxes. and load balancing
the two on a packet-by-packet basis?
Theoretically this would effectively double the bandwidth of a
connection behind the network. Throttled upstream say at 180kbit/sec
would go to a theoretical 360k/sec and the 1mbit/downstream would turn
I'm positive this will work but am curious mostly on what software
would be capable of doing this across two nics. I had considered one
nic but realised that no dhcp server in their right mind will assign
two IP addresses to one mac. I was thinking that perhaps I could run
gated with equal metrics ..or something like that..
thanks for all input.
-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (1/7) [Frequent posting]
3. two modem; two ppp link to internet and double the performance
4. Explain the El Torrito standard PLEASE!
5. two modems, two IP adresses?
6. ST-01 driver working with 486DX??
7. Two Nets, Two Modems, One Host
9. Two modems 1 ethernet card and two routes need help!
10. Two Cable Modems, two clients...how to route?
11. connecting two with X-server via modem (Linux X <-modem-> Sun X)