Mounting win98 partitions over a network? & multiple email accounts

Mounting win98 partitions over a network? & multiple email accounts

Post by Jesse Adam » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

    I've seen SAMBA mentioned quite often, and I was wondering
if that is what I should use to mount win98 hard drives [over a network] so
my linux box can see / use them, for storage..etc?

    Another little question is how to set up a single email address on
linux to support multiple email addresses? Err.. to make that a little
more clear is that my isp provides me 1 email account, and I've got
3 computers networked, I'd like to have 1 email account for each
system,  using that single email account..

Possible?

Thanks!

Jesse Adams
sys adm in progress. :>

Mounting win98 partitions over a network? & multiple email accounts

Post by Bryan Stant » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Yes.  Samba is what you want.  Actually, it is one of the programs
that comes with the Samba package called smbmount.

I really don't think your email idea can work.  You can make all 3
computers send mail using 1 email account.  But when someone replied
to that mail, it would get sent back to the 1 account.  It would not

>Greetings,

>    I've seen SAMBA mentioned quite often, and I was wondering
>if that is what I should use to mount win98 hard drives [over a network] so
>my linux box can see / use them, for storage..etc?

>    Another little question is how to set up a single email address on
>linux to support multiple email addresses? Err.. to make that a little
>more clear is that my isp provides me 1 email account, and I've got
>3 computers networked, I'd like to have 1 email account for each
>system,  using that single email account..

>Possible?

>Thanks!

>Jesse Adams
>sys adm in progress. :>

Mounting win98 partitions over a network? & multiple email accounts

Post by andy » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

My ISP provides unlimited EMail accounts in the form

so that when it receives the mail into mcrentals.demon.co.uk it saves it in
seperate mail folders so that when whoever logs in he gets his own mail. I
have only got one mail account, however.

Might be a question of changing your ISP. Anyone else any other info?

Rgds

Quote:> I really don't think your email idea can work.  You can make all 3