1. Newbie in need for help with setting up second NIC
I brought a Netra AC200 in hope to learn more about Solaris. From the
back it has two NIC sockets. I like to know if the NICs are setup as
reductant or if they are two separate NICs. If the later I would like
to setup the second nic to a different subnet.
I have read a few post on the web and find that I need to set the
local-mac-address? to True so the mac address will show on both NIC.
However, this was not the case for me.
I have the ifconfig -a output.
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
eri0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.0.106 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
lo0: flags=2000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 8252 index
eri0: flags=2000841<UP,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 1500 index 2
And the netstat -rn output
Routing Table: IPv6
Destination/Mask Gateway Flags Ref
--------------------------- --------------------------- ----- ---
fe80::/10 fe80::203:baff:fe06:13c4 U 1
ff00::/8 fe80::203:baff:fe06:13c4 U 1
default fe80::203:baff:fe06:13c4 U 1
::1 ::1 UH 3
If I'm reading this right. I says that I have two NICs, but they both
have the same name "eri0" and MAC address.
How could I configure the second with a different name and IP address.
2. sendmail smart host in Solaris 10
3. two dsl connections, two routers, dual nics on linux box , want to run two websites
4. Directory not mounted at bootup
5. Newbie trying to setup Linux on second hard drive
6. KNode won't launch from kicker panel (but launches fine from CL)
7. linux newbie trying to set up a mail server
8. "ls -l" hangs telnet, ftp
9. two routers (two wans) connecting to one lan using two nics.
10. Newbie trying to set up Linux as gateway...
11. Network-Hell: Trying to setup two NICs on Gateway
12. newbie-trying to connecting using docking bay NIC
13. Newbie trying to add NIC module