Dip 'Unknown Server Error'

Post by Andrew Sta » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I recently installed the slakware distribution on Linux, and ran into a
proplem with dip.  Whenever I enter 'dip -tv', r for the matter, 'dip
<anything>'  all I get is unknown server error.

I can't find any mention of this in any of the documentation I can find,
so can someone please help!.

Thanks.

Dip 'Unknown Server Error'

Post by Hector Gonzalez ( » Tue, 20 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Try running the netconfig program, it worked for me.
the file is in your /sbin directory.

Good luck.

Post by Keith Rowla » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> : I recently installed the slakware distribution on Linux, and ran into a
> : proplem with dip.  Whenever I enter 'dip -tv', r for the matter, 'dip
> : <anything>'  all I get is unknown server error.

> : I can't find any mention of this in any of the documentation I can find,
> : so can someone please help!.

This happens to me when I get the routing table messed up for some reason. I
have been working on my local network lately. If my local ethernet
(network address) is bad, then DIP fails to run. Double check your route
table.

Best Regards, Keith in Mesa, Arizona
--

WWWURL: <a href="http://www.primenet.com/~keithr/">My Homepage</a>
   __   _

1. Help! dip 'Unknown server error'

I'm just getting started at this, but I've read everything I could find that
might help. dip is not working for me. When I try to run it:

dip -t

I get:

Unkown server error

I'm stuck. Can anybody shed some light? Thanks for any help

-Tim
(||  Voght Systems - Embedded Systems Development
(||           -----------Software----Hardware---------
(||              http://www.a1.com/priam/voght.html

2. COMMERCIAL: XVScan 1.30 ScanJet scanning software released

3. Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

4. 2.5.43 cciss rescan disk ioctl

5. 'Unknown server error' after the /sbin/dip

6. Linux 2.0.29 and Conner CPS 850A

7. DIP and 'Unknown Server Errors'

8. SSA RAID Array problem

9. dip fails with 'Unknown server error'

10. 'unknown server' with dip....the way I fixed it, plus a few questions

11. Can't get dip to run: unknown server error

12. dip error "unknown server error"

13. DIP gives error:Unknown server error