How to use a linux box to bridge 10 MB/Sec and 100 MB/Sec networks

How to use a linux box to bridge 10 MB/Sec and 100 MB/Sec networks

Post by Norm Dresne » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:21:56

On the SGI Octane workstations at my company it's almost trivial, just a
matter of choosing addresses for each interface and chkconfig one option ON.

But I can't find anything on how to do it in Linux.

I'd appreciate hints, suggestions, URL's, etc.

TIA
    Norm

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:57:24

> On the SGI Octane workstations at my company it's almost trivial, just a
> matter of choosing addresses for each interface and chkconfig one option ON.
> But I can't find anything on how to do it in Linux.
> I'd appreciate hints, suggestions, URL's, etc.

Google is your friend.

Use the keywords "Linux bridging howto" and see what it brings up.

--
Michael Heiming

inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM

1. Switch 10 Mb/s to 100 Mb/s with sis900 Ehternet Card

hy,
first at all, sorry for the bad englisch it's not my first language;

I try to use my SIS 900 fast ehternet Card to use with 100 Mb/s speed. I
can't find any modul parameter for the modul sis900.o. I have try to
make things work with ethtool and m11-tool bad the card isn't supported.
  Do some one know how i can reach my goal ?
I am usinf Fedora Core2C with an custom made Kernel but i have also try
it with the standart kernel

2. Custom Key Shortcuts

3. 100 Mb/sec Full Duplex options?

4. hardware rescources for LINUX firewall

5. Only 10 MB/sec with via 82c686b chipset?

6. Jumpstart/Network Boot problem

7. Using Linux as a bridge for 10 to 100 Mbps networks

8. Linux is crap.

9. Only 10 Mb/s on RTL8139 10/100 card

10. Network Traffic doesn't reach more than 1 MB/sec over 100Mbit :-(

11. How to I prevent a 100 Mb program from swapping itself (with 512 Mb memory)

12. k6-3 400 mhz + asus mb + 64 mb pc-100

13. is there a 100 mb PCI to 25 mb FOM adapter?