Dlink DWL-650 PCMCIA card compatible with Linux Red Hat 7.3?

Dlink DWL-650 PCMCIA card compatible with Linux Red Hat 7.3?

Post by Who Know » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:15:24

    Hi everyone.

Is DLink 711 DWL-650 PCMCIA card is compatible with Linux red hat 7.3? Did
anyone got success in configuring the card. I have bought DLink 711 Wireless
Router and was planning to bring in the above card for my laptop so that I
can set up a Wireless network.

Thanks

nms

Dlink DWL-650 PCMCIA card compatible with Linux Red Hat 7.3?

Post by lobotom » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:15:05

Don't know if red hat will autodetect it, but its supported on linux by
no fewer than three different drivers (wvlan_cs, orinoco_cs, and
prism2_cs).  The first is in the pcmcia_cs package, the second built into
the kernel, and the third part of the wlan-ng project.  You might have to
change some of the pcmcia_cs options but it should work fine.

Quote:>     Hi everyone.

--
Not to have been a dupe, that will have been my best possesion, my best
deed, to have been a dupe, wishing I wasn't, thinking I wasn't, knowing

Dlink DWL-650 PCMCIA card compatible with Linux Red Hat 7.3?

Post by Mike Steven » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:57:29

I was able to get this card to work with the hostap driver.  This was
under Debian so you may need to compile the source.

Quote:>     Hi everyone.