mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

Post by Chad Woodfor » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've got two Linux boxes on a LAN trying to get things mounted through
NFS.  It's working in one direction but not the other.  What happens
when I try to mount on the one that's not working is:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

What does this mean?  I've already recompiled both kernels to make
doubly sure I had NFS support in there.

I can telnet and ftp fine.

TIA

Chad
--
"If once a man indulges himself in *, very soon he comes to think
little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and

mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

Post by Chad Woodfor » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Excuse my reply to myself.

I found what I think is the source of the problem but it's even more
puzzling:

I've got two machines (as mentioned below).  Let's call them A and B.  I
can telnet, ftp, ping, NFS mount, etc. to A from B but not in the other
direction.  If I run rpcinfo -p A from B, it shows A is running nothing
in the way of RPC registered programs.  However, rpcinfo -p A on A shows
that I am running a bunch!  rpcinfo -p B on either machine shows the
correct programs.

So why would machine A seemingly be dead to the outside world as far as
RPC?

TIA

Chad

--
"If once a man indulges himself in *, very soon he comes to think
little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and
Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination."
                -- Thomas De Quincey (1785 - 1859)

mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

Post by Chad Woodfor » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I figured it out. Basically, machine B was running an older version of
the Slackware dist. even though it was the latest production kernel.  I
copied /usr/sbin/* off the latest /cdrom/live and it fixed the problem.
Go figure.

Chad

--
"If once a man indulges himself in *, very soon he comes to think
little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and
Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination."
                -- Thomas De Quincey (1785 - 1859)

1. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Hello!

I am trying to mount a NFS volume on an old Linux 2.0.27 system
but recieve the following error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

The most confusing thing is that this mountpoint has worked
for several years...

The system is a RedHat 4.1 installation and I assumed
that nfs-server-2.2beta16-5 is the package involved.
Accordingly to rpm the files from the package are intact.

The NFS-server is a SunOS 5.7 system and the admin people
tell me that they know of no recent changes that could have
caused the previously working setup to fail...

I have check that rpc.nfsd is running and have rebooted the
system but the error remains.

Please Help!

/Bj?rn Medin

Bj?rn Medin
Product Manager
RF-IC and Modules

Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Isafjordsgatan 16, KISTA     Phone:  +46 8 757 4162
S-164 81 KISTA - STOCKHOLM   Mobile: +46 70 5677289
Sweden                       Telefax:+46 8 757 4236

2. Xircom NIC getting Device timeout

3. NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

4. Capture Screen Image?

5. mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

6. Warp Fdisk deletes non-FAT,non-HPFS partitions

7. mount clntudp_create:RPC:Program not registered

8. Missing carriage return in dtterm window

9. ERROR:mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

10. mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

11. clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

12. HELP!! What does mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered meens??

13. mount: RPC: Program not registered