Postfix listening on a different port than 25

Postfix listening on a different port than 25

Post by Tomasz Chmielewsk » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:33:39

Hello,

I would like to set up Postfix so that it could listen on a different
port than default 25, say 2525.
The reason for this is because I'm currently switching from a different
MTA to Postfix, and would like to test if everything works fine before I
finally deploy it.

-- T.

Post by Tomasz Chmielewsk » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:01:55

> Hello,

> I would like to set up Postfix so that it could listen on a different
> port than default 25, say 2525.
> The reason for this is because I'm currently switching from a different
> MTA to Postfix, and would like to test if everything works fine before I
> finally deploy it.

OK, I got it now :)

Second paragraph of master.cf for those interested.

-- T.

1. mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ip postfix lonux

i have static ip
domain
port forwarded on my router to my server
http
shttp
ssl
webmin
vmware
virtual server
joomla
wordpress

have problem with recieving email.
domain eccesible by domain xxxxx.com, A record xxxxx.com with my ip
address
mx record localmachine.xxxxx.com , A record localmachine.xxxxx.com
with my domain ip address
router forwards the port 25 to this  localmachine that is the mail
server.

need help to configure it to send and recive mail from outside of my
netrwork
port 25 open and forwarded .

what wioul be corect A record/mx record/router setup /ports/postfix
configuration to get this working bouth ways?

2. tar.gz

3. Sendmail on a listening on a Port other than 25

4. strange file: .nfsCE2B ???

5. apache listen to port 80, another standalone apache+modssl listen port 443, not working..?!

6. Count lines of ASCII

7. listen backlog limit (X.25 sockets)

8. Need to trace the "rm" command

9. Do I need port forwarding on 25 port to send messages?

10. SMTP port 25 -> port ??

11. HELP: Can't telnet to port 23...but port 25 will work.

12. Any X.25 pad software and X.25 card run on Linux?

13. difference between Sunlink x.25 8.0.2 and Solastice x.25 9.2 in lapb_stioc