Switch Duplex Mode for SMC8432 (DC2101 based Card) Tulip Driver

Switch Duplex Mode for SMC8432 (DC2101 based Card) Tulip Driver

Post by Robert Cov » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Red Hat 5.2

Have checked Faq's, Newsgroups, Books, to find how I can switch my
SMC8432 PCI nic card to half duplex. Need to do this to work with my
cable modem to get to DHCP server at ISP. I grovel in front of the
Linux gods who can help.  Will someone help this wizards apprentice.
All other functions/hardware/real estate given over to Linux.

1. How to prevent a tulip driver switch to half duplex?

Hi,
I have a problem  with my network. When I shutdown the client machine,
which
mounts a nfs drive, the server  switches my card to half duplex. Then I
have
to restart my network again, to get any contact between the computers.
Is
there a way to force the tulip driver to run only in full duplex mode?
I run Mandrake 7.0 on both machines, and the problem doesn't occur in
Mandrake 6.1

TIA
Nikodemus

Nikodemus Karlsson,
Teacher in mathematics and science

2. NEC LCD1500M

3. Tulip card and getting/setting duplex mode.

4. Configuring Apache to control the browser's cache

5. How do I switch duplex/non-duplex mode on a networked HP4000?

6. Can't find RedHat trees on hard disk

7. tulip driver aint workin for smc8432 NIC

8. sockets and non blocking reads

9. Question on Tulip driver and Full Duplex

10. full-duplex / half-duplex switching, why?

11. 10Mb card at full duplex has jerky performance on new switch.

12. how do i switch full/half duplex on lan card ?