ethernet mac address

Post by Russell Schreibe » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
Thanks.

ethernet mac address

Post by Tom Easte » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> Thanks.

Assuming the card is up, you can get the MAC addr via ifconfig.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep               \    Opinions expressed here

Shoreline, Washington USA  \    those of my employer

ethernet mac address

Post by Andrea » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

try it by typing  ifconfig
another interesting thing is arp -a there you con see the mac adr. from the
computers connectet to you.

> Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> Thanks.

ethernet mac address

Post by chri » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> Thanks.

Try Looking at Back of Card.  Most Hardware suppliers have it imprinted on
card.

ethernet mac address

Post by Hal Burgi » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:00:21 -0500, Russell Schreiber

>Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
>Thanks.

'ifconfig'. Should be in boot messages too (if card is recognized).

--
Hal B

--
            Linux helps those who help themselves

ethernet mac address

Post by Anders Ber » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> > Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> > Thanks.

> Try Looking at Back of Card.  Most Hardware suppliers have it imprinted on
> card.

In case you still don't find it, and you have it configured, an
'ifconfig' will  display it.

//Anders

ethernet mac address

Post by Chri » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

or just type ifconfig ethx and it tells you....

> > Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> > Thanks.

> Try Looking at Back of Card.  Most Hardware suppliers have it imprinted on
> card.

> --

Chris
http://www.concentric.net/~chrisra
XSEAST Home Page.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8661

79F Race prepared XS    86 FJ-1200 'Mongoose'   79E 'Spinal Tap'
79F'Maine Attraction'   82 RD 350 LC            2 76 RD-400's with attitude

The best accelerator available for a Mac is one that causes it to
go at 9.8 m/s2

ethernet mac address

Post by Nilesh Pate » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> > Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> > Thanks.

> Try Looking at Back of Card.  Most Hardware suppliers have it imprinted on
> card.

> --

type ifconfig  u will see ur macaddress there . It says Etherenet HWaddr
Nilesh

ethernet mac address

Post by Jayasutha » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

///

ping hostname
arp -a

will list ip address with mac address

> > Does anyone know how to get an ethernet card's mac or hardware address?
> > Thanks.

> Try Looking at Back of Card.  Most Hardware suppliers have it imprinted on
> card.

> --

1. sparc: changing ethernet MAC address

My firewall is a sparc LX with an hme and an le ethernet interfaces.
When I originally hooked up my cable modem, I had a PC w/ a 3com ethernet.  I changed the
sparc's NVRAM to use the 3com's MAC address so I wouldn't have to muck
with the cable company not supporting a sun.

I'd like to still use the 3com card in the PC so I can use the PC if the
cable company wants to debug & won't accept the sun.

Since the sun has the same mac on both interfaces, I can't use the 3com
on my net.

I'd also like to have the 3com card for use on my net in general.

So, is there a way to set the mac address of hme seperate from le?  To an
arbitrary mac?

I know on SunOS you can do ifconfig le0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.  Is
there a way to do this in OpenBSD?

emails to spamme AT  punkass DOT com

Yes, that's real....

2. KERNEL: swapping weirdness

3. Ethernet MAC address

4. Mailing list channels

5. ethernet mac addresses,

6. printing to an HP LaserJet 4L

7. Setting Ethernet MAC address (LAA)

8. printer

9. obtaining ethernet (mac) address on solaris

10. change ethernet MAC address

11. Howto: Change Ethernet MAC Address by Software before runnig ifconfig

12. questions about Ethernet MAC address ...

13. inconsistent ethernet MAC addresses