Problem with SMTP server and ppp

Post by Claudio Frances » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

I installed redhat linux 6.1 and I connect to my ISP with pppd 2.3.10;
my ISP's SMTP server is NPlex 2.1.093.
1) When I send a mail containing an attached file (via sendmail 8.9.3-15
or directly with Netscape 4.7, Kmail 1.0.20 etc...) the SMTP server
receives all the data, it receives the last line containing
"<CRLF>.<CRLF>" then it waits until timeout is reached.

2) If I try to send the same mail slooowly line by line with telnet on
the SMTP server it works and the mail is delivered.

What is happening?
Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance
Claudio

p.s.
please also email me

--

1. SMTP on RH 7.3 Distro, using POP and SMTP on another server

I'm running RH 7.3 on a BookPC, and pretty happy actually
with the look and feel, the easy setup (amazing, RH around 5.x was
actually impossible for me to setup and I ain't no dumby, or am I).
I have POP accounts and SMTP access to those accounts for Mail
and want to use them.  I have got POP working, but the KMail seems
to not allow me to use a remote SMTP, forcing me to use the local
SMTP.  I really want to SMTP login at my mail host service and would
like to know if there is a way to do it.  Otherwise this is a step
backwards for me email-wise.  Thanks, if you would email me directly
I dont read Linux groups much, and really appreciate your help!

Best wishes

2. 486 to p166 = gcc error

3. SMTP only listens on host.domain.com:smtp want *:smtp

4. Pseudo ttys + Telnet

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. make/rcs problem

7. running smtp server and pop3 server on same machine ?

8. What's changing my modem port IRQ behind my back?

9. SMTP problem with MMDF server??

10. Sending emails from a AIX server using a smtp server

11. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

12. SMTP problem on SCO Open Server (SVr3.2)

13. SMTP server to POP server