Bridge-nf problem with "iptables FORWARDING --in-interface eth0"

Bridge-nf problem with "iptables FORWARDING --in-interface eth0"

Post by Michael H?ge » Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:33:19

Hallo,

i have set up a full working bridge. Everythin runs fine. I am only
having some problems with configuring the iptables firewall.

I want to set up some rule like the following one

iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface eth1 --out-interface eth0 -p tcp
--dport 8080 -j LOG
iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface eth1 --out-interface eth0 -p tcp
--dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

IPTABLES accept the rules  without error but it doesnt work. No packets
match the rules and they all get forwarded without
logging.

The exact same iptables command without specifying the --in-interfaces
and --out-interface works fine.

I would be glad if anyone can help me.

Thanks
Michael

1. Local forwarding with "iptables" gives "invalid arguments"

Dear all,

while trying to set up a reverse proxy I ran into serious trouble with
iptables.

I'm trying to forward locally generated traffic to a remote machine.
But a command like

# iptables -A OUTPUT -t nat -p tcp -d 192.168.1.154 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.250

fails with the laconic message "iptables: Invalid argument" which is
not helpful in any way.

I' running SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (last try was with their kernel
2.6.5-7.191-default)
and, YES, I have already rebuilt the kernel after setting
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_LOCAL=y.

Actually I built several kernel by now, the last one with all netfilter
stuff compiled in (not as modules).

However, the result stays the same whatever I try, that damn "Invalid
argument".

How can I find out what is the reason for that, how can I debug this
kind of stuff in a way that enables me to find what "argument" is
"invalid" here for what reason.

Benno

2. Imake - Who owns it ?

3. "eth0" vs. "eth0:1"

4. dialup to VPN server

5. eth0 and eth1 "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and "Delaying eth1 Initialization" errors

6. ** SECOND TRY:: Diamond Stealth 24 Info..

7. "screen" vs. "wm" - (nf)

8. Digital camera and OpenBSD 2.9

10. Bridge-nf iptables frustration

11. bridge-nf, Vlans and iptables