modem on com3, irq 5

Post by Zhen L » Mon, 09 Jan 1995 06:04:08

Hi,

I just got a SI-1414RI 14.4k internal fax/data modem made by SIIG. To
make it work under WinFax, I have to configure the modem as com3,
irq5. I have a Mouse System serial mouse on com1, irq4, and com2, irq3
is empty. My problem is that I can make the linux 1.1.52 to recognize
the modem. I am sure this is a common problem, can anyone help me out
here. Thanks.

Zhen

modem on com3, irq 5

Post by Ferdinand de Bouve » Mon, 09 Jan 1995 06:41:26

>Hi,

>I just got a SI-1414RI 14.4k internal fax/data modem made by SIIG. To
>make it work under WinFax, I have to configure the modem as com3,
>irq5. I have a Mouse System serial mouse on com1, irq4, and com2, irq3
>is empty. My problem is that I can make the linux 1.1.52 to recognize
>the modem. I am sure this is a common problem, can anyone help me out
>here. Thanks.

The problem is that you have to tell Linux explicitly that you want to
set your modem to irq 5.

edit /etc/rc.d/rc.serial and uncomment the following:

# These are the standard COM1 through COM4 devices
#
# If you have an internal modeme with a Rockwell Chipset, add a "skip_test"
# to the /dev/cua3 line below.  (It's not added by default because it will
#*up people with 8514 displays).
#
 ${SETSERIAL} /dev/cua0 ${AUTO_IRQ} autoconfig
 ${SETSERIAL} /dev/cua1 ${AUTO_IRQ} autoconfig
 ${SETSERIAL} /dev/cua2 ${AUTO_IRQ} autoconfig
 ${SETSERIAL} /dev/cua3 ${AUTO_IRQ} autoconfig

Now serial devices are detected at boot time.

good luck,

Ferdinand

1. Can't setup modem as irq 9 on COM3

I am trying to setup my modem as COM3.

In Windows 98 my modem is COM3, irq=9, port=0x03e8

When I use setserial as follows:
  setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 9

and then I look at the setting by typing:
  setserial -gv /dev/ttyS2

then the port if fine but irq is shown as "2".

I can set the irq to 7 or 8 or 10 fine but not 9.

2. GCC

3. Modem on com3 irq 5

4. ap_mm_create in kernal 2.4.1.

5. Modem on cua2 (COM3) irq=7

6. Packard Bell Monitor Settings?

7. Changing IRQ on com3 so modem will work...HOW?

8. Formatted input on RS/6000

9. Which IRQ should I use if my modem is on COM3?

10. Modem on Com3 IRQ 5

11. need to change com3 IRQ in kernel 0.99.pl14

12. Need help with Com3, IRQ 5

13. Same IRQ for sound and Modem of IRQ 5