PPTP VPN server on iptables firewall

Post by Bobby Kuz » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 07:18:10

What iptables rules do I need to add to allow outside pptp traffic
from anywhere to work?

Thanks

Post by Robert M. Stockman » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:48:21

> What iptables rules do I need to add to allow outside pptp traffic from
> anywhere to work?

Have a look at

http://freshmeat.net/projects/mothafirewall

This firewall supports it out of the box, and is fairly easy to
configure.

Robert
---
Robert M. Stockmann - RHCE
Network Engineer - UNIX Consultant

1. M$ pptp vpn server behind Linux 2.4.18 iptables, please help

Hello, this is driving me crazy - I have the iptables in there and
they look good to me, but this thing is still not working.

The issue is, the tcp/1723 traffic is flowing and forwarding just
fine, but the gre stuff is not even showing up! I am using tcpdump to
examine, but no packets are recieved. I am not sure, but if iptables
are blocking gre... would tcpdump still be able to capture?, even in
promisc mode??

At any rate, I am a noob at iptables, so I don't even know how the
hell to get this thing to log! Can someone help examine my firewall
script and see what is going on?

I expect that, I just have iptables configured incorrectly, thereby
denying ip type 47... iptables guruz, please help!

Here is my fw script <http://www.picturewell.com/other/fw/fw.sh.txt>

TIA!!

mike

2. Get (FTP) all files in directory

3. Howto configure iptables to forward PPTP to an internal VPN server

4. 2.4 select gives false postives

5. Linux Firewall settings to allow PPTP VPN acces to NT Server?

6. Reading flat ascii file from 9-track

7. PPTP Server behind 2.4 Kernel Iptables Firewall

8. linux on a Thinkpad laptop?

9. Can't reach MS VPN server behind IPTABLES firewall

10. slow pptp for linux firewall clients, fast pptp from Linux firewall

11. VPN::PPTP > RH 2.4.* > IPTABLES

12. Connecting to a Netware File Server through a PoPToP PPTP VPN Server

13. iptables and gre forwarding for pptp/vpn