nfs & mount -a difficulties

Post by Jon Berr » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

We have a Sparcstation 5 from which I would like to mount a directory on
my linux machine.  I have the O'Reilly Linux Network Administrator's
guide, and I have used it before to do this successfully.  Some months
have gone by since then, however, and now I need to mount the same
directory in the same way.  Unfortunately, repeating the same process
doesn't work since I'm getting a new error when the Linux machine makes
its "mount -a -t nfs" call in rc.inet2.  Here's the error:

        mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Both the sparc and the linux machine have been up and down several times
since the last point at which the nfs mount worked.  I'm using the 2.0.26
kernel, and the nsfd and mountd daemons are running.  Any ideas? thanks in
advance,
        Jon Berry

Dr. Jon Berry                              Office: Whitley 204
Assistant Professor, Computing Sciences    Campus Box: 2130
Elon College, N.C.  27244                  Office Phone: (910)584-2290