Linux as a news-server

Post by Arne K. Haaj » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I run a small news-server on Linux with inn-2.2.2 and it works fine.
However, I have heard that running a heavy duty server with the 8 most
popular hierarchies (including alt.*) perhaps is not such a good idea
due to Linux not handling the load.

Is this true ?

I can find very little information on this so any input would be much
appreciated.

Arne
--
--------------------------------
Arne K. Haaje   | T: 69 92 04 90

Linux as a news-server

Post by DanH » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I run a small news-server on Linux with inn-2.2.2 and it works fine.
> However, I have heard that running a heavy duty server with the 8 most
> popular hierarchies (including alt.*) perhaps is not such a good idea
> due to Linux not handling the load.

> Is this true ?

> I can find very little information on this so any input would be much
> appreciated.

You're kidding, right?

Over 40,000 newsgroups running daily here without a problem.

Dan
--
UNIX - Not just for vestal *s anymore
Linux - Choice of a GNU generation