> typed is the same name you logged in with, that user name has been tried, no
> domain controller can be found to verify the user name".
The "no domain controller can be found" message can indicate two
1) Your samba server is not set up correctly to act as a domain
controller and the computer cannot find a server to use as logon
2) You have not entered the machine correctly into the DOMAIN, which
leads me back to the registry thing.
The solutions I suggest is therefore the following, numbered according
to the list above:
1) Reread the howto on setting up as PDC. Make sure you use a howto
for your ancient software
2) Make the registry change.
And I also feel like suggesting a third solution:
3) Upgrade to a resent operating system and samba version. Redhat 9
and samba 2.x is VERY old and unsupported. If you want to stay with a
rpm-based system, I suggest Fedora Core 4. If you like to try
something new and a lot better, wait until October 16 and install the
new Ubunty Breezy (version 5.10).
Rolf Arne Schulze
Min Weblog: http://rolfas.net/