Using cuseeme through IP Masq

Post by Rodney Gri » Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm using IPMasq with RedHat 5.1. It works very well for me except that
I'm trying to use White Pine's CuSeeMe (v3.1.1) application on a Windows
box behind the firewall and it's not gettting past IP Masq. I've
installed the ip_masq_cuseeme.o module in my rc.local (along with my
other installable modules for ipmasq). My IP masquerading section looks
like this in rc.local:

/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_irc.o
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -p deny
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.1.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

I've tried using the info on the Masq Apps web site but the links for
info on setting up CuSeeMe for IP masq appear broken.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Post by Paul Matthew » Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I'm using IPMasq with RedHat 5.1. It works very well for me except that
> I'm trying to use White Pine's CuSeeMe (v3.1.1) application on a Windows
> box behind the firewall and it's not gettting past IP Masq. I've
> installed the ip_masq_cuseeme.o module in my rc.local (along with my
> other installable modules for ipmasq). My IP masquerading section looks
> like this in rc.local:

> /sbin/depmod -a
> /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp.o
> /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o
> /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme.o
> /sbin/modprobe ip_irc.o
> /sbin/ipfwadm -F -p deny
> /sbin/ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.1.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

> I've tried using the info on the Masq Apps web site but the links for
> info on setting up CuSeeMe for IP masq appear broken.

> Any help on this would be appreciated.

You may need to use port forwarding.  Look up ipportfw and ipautofw.

I use an entry like the following for my Vocaltec Internet Phone:

/sbin/ipautofw -A -r udp 22555 22555 -h 192.168.1.x

Where x = the address of the host that has the Video Conferencing HW/SW.

You will need to find out the correct ports for your application.
Regards,
Paul

Using cuseeme through IP Masq

Post by Rodney Gri » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've tried ipautofw.

I've used: "ipautofw -A -r udp 7648 7649 -c udp 7648 -u"
or: "ipautofw -A -r udp 7648 7649 -h 192.168.1.x"

When either of the above is executed, I get the following error:
"setsockopt: Bad file number"

Any clues...?

--
Help keep the Internet open. Join the Microsoft World
Domination Resistance Movement. Avoid using Microsoft

1. CuSeeMe IP masq module

All,

I've tried, rather unsuccessfully to use CuSeeMe behind a working Linux
IP-Masq firewall for about a month now.  I'm running kernel v2.2.12, and the
rest of it is Red Hat 6.0.  Regardless of whether I do a "modprobe" or an
"insmod" on the ip_masq_cuseeme plug-in module, it just DOESN'T work.  What
else do I need to consider?  How can I diagnose where my problems are?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Chris Smouse

http://home.austin.rr.com/jcsmouse
PGP Key ID: 0x647332F0

2. Setting the MAX_PROCESS in the Kernel

3. Obtaining list of used ports thru masq'd gateway

4. RedHat 6.2 Time machine

5. Quake thru IP Masq

6. Want linux pc to be like thin client

7. Allowing access to noly 1 site thru IP Masq?

8. System V shm/sem calls under Mach

9. IP Masq'd Workstation to connect to IP Masq'd Workstation

10. IP Masq - Specify IP to Masq as?

11. Help - "private" ip address conflict using ip masq.

12. Configuring net (IP-tunnel, IP-Alias, Proxy-ARP, NAT, IP-Masq?)

13. Using NetMeeting 3.x on IP Masq.