FS: O'Reilly-Apache The Definitive Guide

FS: O'Reilly-Apache The Definitive Guide

Post by smok » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Apache is the most used web server on the net.

First edition, March 1997. In good condition, with a few creases, but
otherwise intact. Glue on the spine might be a little worn. Comes with
complementing CDROM which was never used.

It's $34.95 new, but will sell for $15 or best offer. Shipping is

1. 2nd ed. of O'Reilly's "Apache: the Definitive Guide"?

Has anybody seen the second edition of "Apache: the Definitive Guide"
yet?  (Written by Ben and Peter Laurie, published by O'Reilly.)  Or even
a well-written review?

Amazon.com lists it as not yet available but scheduled for release
later this month.  They've got a mixed bag of slams and praise in the
reader responses to the book, but the dates make it clear that at least
some of the responses must be referring to the previous edition.

I personally was disappointed by the first edition and didn't feel it
quite lived up to the O'Reilly standard, but I had hoped the second
edition would be better.  Anybody able to say whether it is?

-- Webmaster, Rice University / http://is.rice.edu/~riddle
-- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

2. Stop Usenet Censorship and Totalitarianism 5625158113

3. FS: Definitive Guides to the X windows system (sorry but figured someone might want)

4. Opening for SUN PE2/PE4/PE6

5. Apache and User Directories, a definitive guide.

6. Which iso image to use for installation of RH7?

7. Apache: The Definitive Guide - concentrate more on NT?

8. trailing slashes

9. FS: O'Reilly, NT 3.51 cd, Linux books, FreeBSD, network books, etc

10. Graphics and Alphas - attempt at definitive guide

11. Multiple NIS Domains (Definitive Guide?)

12. is there a definitive guide to installing kde 2.1