3Com 3c980 TX

Post by Paul Olofsso » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello!

Does kernel 2.2.13 support the network card 3c980 TX?

If it does, what modules o I need and how do I modprobe them. Currently
I've tried to compile 3c59x as a module. When I do modprobe 3c59x or
insmod 3c59x it gets installed with no errors, but I can't use it
anyway. Are there anything more I have to do like giving the module some
paarameters?

Thanks!

Paul

3Com 3c980 TX

Post by wuzz » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

says...
Quote:> Hello!

> Does kernel 2.2.13 support the network card 3c980 TX?

> If it does, what modules o I need and how do I modprobe them. Currently
> I've tried to compile 3c59x as a module. When I do modprobe 3c59x or
> insmod 3c59x it gets installed with no errors, but I can't use it
> anyway. Are there anything more I have to do like giving the module some
> paarameters?

> Thanks!

> Paul

I myself got a 3com 9x card but did not find any modules which could get
it runnig under linux (i rpobably overlooked things) but i know 3com is
currently providing (or is in the proces) linux drivers for 3com 9x
cards.