Configuring IMP with IMAPS using Cyrus IMAP

Configuring IMP with IMAPS using Cyrus IMAP

Post by Sydney Weidma » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 04:41:57

I have been trying without success for a number of weeks to configure IMP
to use IMAPS. I have read the FAQ at http://www.horde.org, and the mailing
lists but there is no mention about whether IMAPS works with the Cyrus
imapd server. The only example applies to the uw-imap server.

My hardware is quite modest, though I can't see why that would be a
problem: Pentium II 266 with 64 MB RAM.

Running RedHat 7.2 with the latest errata applied.

I installed the latest PHP and horde framework from RPMS provided by horde.org.

The test utility which comes with the cyrus utility seems to work
perfectly well when connecting to myhost:993. It gives me an OK, logged in
success message. Furthermore, the test.php script which comes with the IMP
distribution is able to connect on the standard imap port, 143. The horde
test.php script also shows that everything is in order. The only thing
that seems to fail is actually connecting to the imaps server using IMP's
php interface.

Mozilla mail also seems to be unable to use an SSL connection to the imap
server. /var/log/messages shows the following:

Sep 24 13:25:17 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for weidmans
[xx.xx.xx.xx] to Horde [on line 43 of "/var/www/html/horde/login.php"]

My imp/config/servers.php file has this entry:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'Default Server',
    'server' => 'nardwar.wox.org',
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'maildomain' => '',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

Any help on how to debug and hopefully solve this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Syd.

1. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

Hi folks,

I installed postfix and cyrus IMAP under SuSE Linux 9.0. All works
fine but the collection of sended mail for every user in a central
user-(sent-)mail folder locatet on the mail server.

Any ideas who to work this out?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

2. Errant mouse on Twinhead Slimnote

3. configuring Cyrus/IMAP with SuSE..

4. serial port setup on RH 5.1

5. IMP-SSL imap server

6. Move fd-related function declarations out of sched.h

7. Public access to Cyrus-Imap server residing inside the private network

8. busy inodes

9. Cyrus IMAP 2.0.9

10. Folder problems with Cyrus IMAP and Outlook Express

11. cyrus/imap install

12. Cyrus IMAP with PAM support ?

13. MDK8.0, Cyrus IMAP 2.0.x