Hummingbird socks to Ubuntu Socks

Post by Brian S. Paski » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 02:53:23

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate from the Hummingbird SOCKS client that I am
using on Windows to a SOCKS client on Ubuntu.  Looking at the
Hummingbird config file I thought it would be pretty simple, but it
appears that the SOCKS clients for Linux have a different format.  Can
anyone point me to how to configure a SOCKS client on Linux from a
Hummingbird type of config file?

Here is a sample of my Hummingbird config file:
BIND-MODULE FTP

Thanks,
Brian

1. Socks.conf with two socks servers?

Hi,

We have a setup with Linux hosts on two locations and use dante socks
1.19 to connect to the internet for protocols other than HTTP and FTP.
The following socks.conf route is working:

route {
  from: 0.0.0.0/0
  to:   0.0.0.0/0
  via:  10.0.0.16 port = 1080
  protocol:      tcp udp
  proxyprotocol: socks_v4
  method:        none

What I would like to have is a socks.conf that configures the socks
client to use the nearest socks server, depending on the network. I
tried this without luck:

route {
  from: 192.168.1.0/24
  to:   0.0.0.0/0
  via:  10.0.0.16 port = 1080
  protocol:      tcp udp
  proxyprotocol: socks_v4
  method:        none

route {
  from: 192.168.94.0/24
  to:   0.0.0.0/0
  via:  192.168.94.18 port = 1080
  protocol:      tcp udp
  proxyprotocol: socks_v4
  method:        none

The error debug output says:

Dec  4 14:32:28 adnws001 ftp: Rconnect(): unsupported address family
'10', fallback to system connect()

I did not find such an example in the dante socks distribution or with
Google.

Thanks in advance for help

Regards,
Bernd

2. Box won't fire up?

3. Available: Perl-5+SOCKS, mirror.pl+PASV+SOCKS, more perl5 fixes.

4. Today's "No CD-ROM" Question

5. difference between sock->sport and sock->num

6. Help me get machine up to run Linux

7. configuring 'Socks' / socks.conf ?

8. connect a pc and a sgi

9. I think ive got socks round my ankles! I need help with SOCKS!

10. Calling close(sock) in one thread doesn't make recv(sock,...) return

11. Share windows partitions on Ubuntu server from Ubuntu Client?

12. X windows ftp client through socks firewall ?

13. Socks Help needed