Kernel-nfs working, plain nfs not working.

Kernel-nfs working, plain nfs not working.

Post by alw » Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:14:01

I have an interesting problem:

I need to run the user nfs daemon, so I shut down the kernel nfs
(nfsserver) and tried to load plain ol' nfs --> /etc/init.d/nfs start.
However I'm getting the following message:

"Importing Net File System (NFS) mount: RPC: Program not registered"

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

...aw.

--
SuSE 7.3/Bash
__| Thanks! |__

1. NFS nfs://myserver/usr/share/public NOT Working?

I have installed and configured NFS server to export /usr/share/public
on

<myserve/192.168.0.201> running on Mandrake Linux 8.1 Clients are
running on RedHat Linux

7.2

I am able to mount exported share /usr/share/public on local file
systems of clients using
   mount -t nfs myserver:/usr/share/public /mnt/public
But when I use Konquerer Web Browser to access this NFS share using
   nfs://myserver/usr/share/public
It says Authorization failed...

My /etc/exports file has one entry as follows :
# /etc/exports
#
/usr/share/public       192.168.0.0(rw)
# I've also tried this
#/usr/share/public      *.daffodil.com(rw)

However, smb://192.168.0.201 work properly in Konquerer. Where I am
wrong???

Sincerely,

Software Engineer,
Daffodil Software (P) Ltd.
<http://www.daffodilwoods.com>

2. Some useful Linux references

3. NFS not working: may be incompatible kernel

4. Solaris Subnets

5. nfs.client: su - stat -c /usr/lib/nfs/statd no longer working?

6. who knows what is language optional software package is on solaris 8?

7. Kernel NFS: equivalent to userland nfsd -r in kernel NFS

8. Efficiently Inserting a Line at Start of Very Large File

9. NFS not working correctly

10. NFS Mount not working

11. mount -f nfs is not working

12. NFS: WinNT->Linux - does not work