How to use squid and other ports

Post by partheymuel.. » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

i use the squid2 proxy on my server and WIN on some workstations. I can
visit all web-pages, but if i want to use some chats it doesnt connect
the servers. I quess that it is so because the chats use some ports,
which
squid doesnt know (eg. 7000 and 2001 ).
How can I get it work?

Can I also use nntp without inn from my win-workstation?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. SQUID-Problems using Port 444

Hi,

I'm using Squid V 1.NOVM.22 and have a problem connecting to a SSL-Site
using Ports 443 and 444. The following message appears on my browser:
Error
Access Denied
Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

    xxx.xxx.com:444

from this cache. Please check with the cache administrator if you
believe this is incorrect.
If I disable Squid, then I can access the URL. Any idea about how to
change squid.conf would be very appreciated.
Thomas

Webmaster
Fon +49.221.95 15 15-15 / Fax +49.221.95 15 15-6
Pixelpark Koeln GmbH - Spichernstrasse 8 - D-50672 Koeln
<http://www.pixelpark.com>

2. PROBLEMS WITH XFREE ON REDHAT!!! NEED HELP!!!

3. Setting Up IPTABLES with Squid, others

4. Debian install disk locks up

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. command question

7. Problem adding tty port using 128 Port Async Adapter with 16 port Async Node

8. module unresolved symbols

9. Can I prevent pinging from others and still ping others?

10. strange unrest at ports 4662 and 4661 and others

11. : 2.4.2-pre4 (and others) lp / zip, parallel port problems

12. xfig porting prob: need X11/Xos.h and others

13. Adobe (and others) should consider a Linux port.