PPP to ISP and null-modem CSLIP conflict

PPP to ISP and null-modem CSLIP conflict

Post by Ray O'Lear » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have two linux boxes linked by null-modem and a CSLIP connection.  I
also have a PPP dialup link to my ISP.  Whenever I use the CSLIP (a
connect on demand type setup), PPP won't work.  If anyone can help, I
would really appreciate it.

More details are:

1) System 1 has a modem on /dev/cua1 and the null-modem on /dev/cua3
2) System 2 has the null-modem on /dev/cua0
3) I've tried IP Masquerading, and it makes no difference (in fact, the
problem occured before masquerading was installed).

I'm stumped ... please help.

TIA
Ray

1. ISP connection sharing via a PPP connection with NULL-MODEM

I have two computers with RH Linux 6.2 and one modem.
I have configured the first PC with NetCfg to connect to my ISP via PPP.
Now, i have connected the other PC to the first one with a NULL-MODEM serial
cable, and i'd like to share its Internet connection via that serial line.

I think i need to configure a PPP-Client on the second PC and a PPP-Server
on the first-one, but i dont know how to do it...

I also dont understand what is the name of PPPD's dynamically created
"network device"... how can i see it?

How can i do that?
Can you help me?

Please forward the replay to my e-mail, too.

Thanx to all!

2. help : Installation HD Quantum Lightning 730A

3. Help cslip doesn't work with 2 linux boxes and null-modem

4. internet

5. 2.2.19 memory problems

6. PPP over null-modem cable

7. Daily planner

8. Win95 ppp via null-modem!

9. PPP over serial null-modem

10. Need help setting up null modem CSLIP link from Mac to Linux box...

11. PPP Over Null-Modem

12. linux and windows with ppp via null-modem cable