Wavelan trubble

Post by Jerome Corr » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have two wavelan turbo 11Mbs card and want to set up a network with
two computers. I use RH 6.1 on both pc, and ISA to PCMCIA adapters. I
have installed the wavelan2_cs.o module from wavelan.

Unfortunately something is going wrong! and I don't know what. when
the pcmcia module start I get one high beep and then one low beep.
when I use the command "cardctl ident" it seems that the card is
identified correctly.
My problem might come from the IP address, gateway, network mask and
network address. I don't understand what number to use so I just left
the one already in the "/etc/pcmcia/network.opts" file. Any idea what
number I can use, or anything I can try to find out what is going wrong?

please help

Jerome

--
Jerome Corre

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. TinyX Mouse trubble!

        Hi, I'm running Minilinux with a 1.2.13 kernel (to make it work) and I
also have XF86_VGA16 generic X driver to make the tinyX installation that
comes with Minilinux work too. Everything seems to be ok but if I exit
XFree than run it again my mouse doesn't work. Possibly the dev/ttyS0
hasn't been freed properly from the last time.
        Anyone have any clues as to what's up and what to do with it?

Apologies if this has an obvious answer but I hadn't even seen a unix box
until last friday (I think I'm doing well). :D

TIA,

Ozzy,
   __ _ _
  /  \ \ \
 / / / / / |-Brian Skreeg-------------------IRC:_Ozzy-|
 \__/  \ \ |-Buzz Lightyear in disguise---------------|
    \__/_/ |-Like kicking a dead whale across a beach-|

2. Command line vs crontab

3. Tape Device Trubble, please advice.

4. KDE and XFree86-3.3.4 = Signal 11

5. NOT AGAIN: mice-trubble

6. Memory is gone!?

7. Kernel/CD-rom trubble

8. SNA Peer Server on Tru64 5.1

9. Wavelan drivers

10. 2.4.19 orinoco_cs with Lucent WaveLAN "bronze"

11. WaveLan Driver

12. Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/IEEE" kernel 2.4.6 wvlan_cs, orinoco_cs ..

13. Where to find OEM driver for Wavelan (DOS)