squid keeps trying to download pages

Post by Matthias Wal » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello everybody!

When my users often abort internet connections during the process of
displaying a page. After the connection to the internet is lost the proxy
squid keeps on connecting every 2 minutes to the aborted page.
How can I stop this? I am using Suse 6.1 and squid 2.0.

Thanks for any help!

Ciao
Matthias

squid keeps trying to download pages

Post by Bob PHILLIP » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

when I last looked over a squid config there is a config option of
quick_abort

read the info in the config file and set up your proxy to behave how you
want it to.

--
Bob PHILLIPS
Director/System Administrator

                                                |  http://www.norcom.net.au
Yes, I am on the interthingy     |  If it aint broke, fix it, then it will
be
     dotnet dotau Pty Ltd PO Box 2762 SOUTH HEDLAND WA 6722 AUSTRALIA

Quote:> Hello everybody!