Mounting smb shares after vpn (pptpconfig)

Mounting smb shares after vpn (pptpconfig)

Post by skur » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:33:05

Is there a way to mount smb shares automatically after a VPN/pptp connection
has been established?

I'm currently using pptpconfig to establish the connection and running a
smbmount command after that - manually, but it works well. Any success out
there on automating that?

pptp connection is established as ppp0, system is standard Fedora Core 4.

Thanks
--
Discover internet as it's meant to be - Through Linux

1. Can connect to smb://192.168.0.112/share but not smb://NYS/share

In Konqueror I get an error if I try to browse the windows network.
The error is that the network is unreachable.

However while at the smb:// prompt I can type
smb://192.168.0.112/ShareName and pull up a windows share on this
machine fine.  However if I try and enter smb://NYW/Sharename to
connect to the same share it just hangs (NYW is the computer at
192.168.0.112)

I am not sure if this is an issue with my samba config file(the server
side of samba works fine, I can access the linux shares from windows
fine) or if this is an error with my network configuration.

I think this might be a netbios issue.  If I ping "NYW" I get "unknown
host NYW."  However if I ping "NYW.JJ.COM" I get a response.  I am
thinking that I need to resolve that first.  Is that correct?  If so
how do I fix this so that it either appends my domain name to all DNS
lookups or uses netbios to find the machine.

I included a copy of the top of my smb.conf just in case the problem
lies there.

Rich
--------------
# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full
commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SuSE
# Date: 2004-04-06
[global]
workgroup = JJ
interfaces = 127.0.0.1 eth0
bind interfaces only = yes

map to guest = Bad User
security = server
password server = NYS
server string = Samba Serv
domain master = no
local master = no
restrict anonymous = no
preferred master = no
max protocol = NT
ldap ssl = No
server signing = Auto

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S
read only = no
msdfs proxy = no
browseable = no

[users]
comment = All users
read only = no
inherit permissions = yes
veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
msdfs proxy = no

[groups]
comment = All groups
path = /home/groups
read only = no
inherit permissions = yes
msdfs proxy = no

[pdf]
comment = PDF creator
path = /var/tmp
printable = yes
print command = /usr/bin/smbprngenpdf -J '%J' -c %c -s %s -u '%u' -z
%z
create mask = 0600

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
printable = yes
create mask = 0600
browseable = no

[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/drivers

force group = ntadmin
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775

2. 2.0.34 and dos partitions

3. mounting smb shares in user session

4. help

5. Mounting an smb share within a script

6. Change with PPP 2.2.x over 2.1.2?

7. Automatically mounting smb shares . . .

8. Mwm?

9. NFS + mounted SMB share

10. Mounting Win95 SMB Shares Under Linux

11. possible to mount smb shares?

12. how to mount smb Shares form a w2k3 domain?

13. kde 3.1-10redhat can′t mount smb shares in konqueror′s lan-browser