linux-->nt-->Internet ???

Post by peter routsi » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

who could help please ??? properbly asked many times..but i am simly
stuck.

i got a pc -nt4- linked to the internet with a 3com900/CableModem and
have been setting up a secondary PC -linux on it- linked to the nt by
lan
how to get the second Linux-PC linked to the internet- as well, using
the only static IP.

TIA

PS Linux-PC must be "second", cause we are reg. to the provider by the
3com900-MAC-adress

mfg
        peter

 ----------------------------------

|           ICQ: 23167440           |
| http://members.chello.at/rabauke  |
 ----------------------------------

linux-->nt-->Internet ???

Post by Pjtg070 » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If your intention is to keep NT connected to the cabel connection and
connect Linux to the Internet through NT, then your choice is to use a
proxy software llike WinProxy, which you can download from places like
cnet.com

OTOH, if you use Linux as the gateway to the Internet, then IP-Chains
wil be the way to go.

Quote:>who could help please ??? properbly asked many times..but i am simly
>stuck.

>i got a pc -nt4- linked to the internet with a 3com900/CableModem and
>have been setting up a secondary PC -linux on it- linked to the nt by
>lan
>how to get the second Linux-PC linked to the internet- as well, using
>the only static IP.

>TIA

>PS Linux-PC must be "second", cause we are reg. to the provider by the
>3com900-MAC-adress

>--

linux-->nt-->Internet ???

Post by peter routsi » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

thanks for the quick response,

pity i have to keep the NT-Nic connected to the cable modem (PCI..i
don't have pci on the linux machine// and how i said its mac is
registered with the isp)

what i simple do not understand, is ..how to "inter-connect" the two
NICs in the NT machine
so i could route from the linuxPC "through" its NT-NIC TO the
secondNIC---> cable modem
isn't this simple connecting two lans ?? this is where i am stuck,
mentally..

thanX

--

mfg
        peter

 ----------------------------------

|           ICQ: 23167440           |
| http://members.chello.at/rabauke  |
 ----------------------------------

linux-->nt-->Internet ???

Post by peter routsi » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

i found NAT32..isnt this the solution ???

--

mfg
        peter

 ----------------------------------

|           ICQ: 23167440           |
| http://members.chello.at/rabauke  |
 ----------------------------------

1. MS$ NT > Linux Firewall > Internet > MS$ NT PPTP Server

Please excuse the <seemingly> newbie question, but I have an issue.  I
would like the ability to manage my corporate network from home via PPTP
rather than 28.8k PPP.  I have a cable modem at home, with a Linux
router / firewall.  I'm unable to establish a PPTP connection through
the Linux box.  Below are the specs:

Linux Box:
    PII233 96MB RAM
    RH Linux 6.0, kernel 2.2.14
    IPCHAINS

NT Box:
    NT4 Wks SP5
    NIC / Modem
    PPTP client

I can connect via PPTP in any environment not including my Linux box,
and according to the documentation at the IP Masquerading Resource,
there's a kernel patch.  Unfortunately, I have had no luck finding the
patch for a 2.2.14 kernel.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan Underwood

http://www.utcm.com

2. ftp logs

3. Linux --> NT --> MS Proxy Server --> Internet

4. ircd 2.8.21 compile Problem on 1.3.59

5. Samba problem: WinXP <-> ADSL <-> Internet <-> Cable <-> Linux

6. Sharing 7207 1/4 inch tape drives between RS6000's

7. Windows95,98,NT-->Linux-->Internet routing problems

8. Strange alpha clock issue

9. Win98 --> linux box --> modem --> internet

10. Windows95 box -> Linux Box (Static IP) -> Intranet -> Internet?

11. win95->linux(gateway)->isdn->internet (ip-masq question?)

12. Win 9x -> pptp over internet -> Linux NAT and redirect -> NTserver

13. Windows.1 ->PPP ->Linux server->Ethernet network-Internet