Linux PPP-Server for Windows Clients

Post by Ingo Bruec » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to set up a Linux server as a ppp server for a Windows client so
that this client can become a remote part of the network. (Actually something
most Internet provider do.)

These are the pppd options:

  -detach crtscts lock modem proxyarp
  ms-dns 192.168.100.102
  192.168.100.101:192.168.100.150

The client is only configured for TCP/IP and should get its IP address and
the DNS address from the ppp server. I can login, but unfortunately the
client does not accept the connection. After pressing F7 in the terminal
window (after a successful login), there is a Windows error message which
says that the remote network connection doesn't work.

This is the server log:

  pppd 2.3.5 started by ppp, uid 1004
  Using interface ppp0
  Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
  sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0>]
  last message repeated 2 times
  Hangup (SIGHUP)
  Modem hangup
  Connection terminated.

Which pppd option did I miss?

Ingo

1. Windows NT 3.51 as PPP server and Linux PPP client

Hi there

I would like to know if anybody out there has already succeeded
in getting Linux to go with PPP to a Windows NT Workstation 3.51 machine
acting as a dialup server.

At the moment I works between 2 NT machines - I sit at home and and get my
client machine to dial the machine at work. After I am connected the
server is set up to use call-back and calls my machine at home.

Is it possible to get call-back to go on my Linux box - in other words
I must first dial the NT machine and then wait for a ring? I can use
static or dynamic IP addressing...

I did not see any mention of this in the newsgroups?

Any help will be appreciated.

Rudi Engelbrecht

2. Emacs, with or without X

3. Communication needed between linux server/client to windows client/server

4. Syslog parsing

5. Windows client can't see NT domain when passing through a Linux PPP server

6. PCI ADSL modem drivers

7. How to turn Windows NT RAS Server for Linux dialup client (PPP)?

8. HP JetDirect and bootpd

9. Windows client on PPP Linux Server

10. dns update from dhcp server ok for windows clients, not ok for linux (dhclient) clients

11. Standalone Linux Server with Windows 98 and Windows XP clients

12. CISCO PPP server + Linux PPP Client + CHAP

13. configuration ppp-server ppp-client