Full Duplex and Half Duplex

Post by Wolfsbane2 » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:28:58

Hello,
I'm having a lot of fun trying to work out how to enable fdx on an isa
ne2000 card that untill a week ago when i compiled the kernel was in
full-duplex, and is now only running in half. It's crippling the network
somewhat as it's our main server and gateway all in one.
All the other computers are in full duplex, and the hub is cutting them down
to half for the server.

I've looked at linuxdocs,  though half of google, and the utility at
http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html#isa-diags (Donald Becker's stuff) for
ne2000 detection comes up with
Checking the ethercard at 0x300.
  Receive alignment error counter (0x30d) is ff
  Failed initial NE2000 probe, value ff.
Station Address PROM    0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
Station Address PROM 0x10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
 Invalid signature found, wordlength 2.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim Pickering

1. Full Duplex/Half duplex problems...

We have a few E250s running solaris 7 with the latest patch release in
all systems.  We see the systems switching from full duplex 100mbps to
half duplex 10mbps automatically.  We are not changing the configs on
the boxes nor did we change the config on our switches(Cat 5509's set
hard to full duplx 100mbps).
We would reboot the systems and the boxes would come up fine 100mbps
fd.  Mind you these boxes are serving 100 http connections per second.

What gives??

-Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Kde 3.0 Alpha

3. Question on half-duplex and full duplex

4. Travan IDE drive

5. full duplex/half duplex.

6. Problems rebuilding packages with rpm

7. Full Duplex/Half Duplex

8. PPP connection setup

9. full-duplex / half-duplex switching, why?

10. NIC Speed Settings. Full duplex vs Half duplex

11. half-duplex/full-duplex problem

12. Full duplex and half duplex

13. Alcatel SpeedTouch Home modem -- half-duplex or full-duplex?