UDP Broadcast gets ENOPERM

Post by Steve Carte » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:29:16

What situations can cause this?  I've tried running it as root too.  The
port is 1500

I'm not very confident in my setsockopt call:

const int true = 1;
rc = setsockopt(sd, 0, SO_BROADCAST, &true, 1);

UDP Broadcast gets ENOPERM

Post by Steve Carte » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:42:18

OK, got it.  Don't know how the 0 got in there.  (This is code that I
started about a year ago and has been pushed down the stack!)

Sorry to bother.

Quote:> What situations can cause this?  I've tried running it as root too.  The
> port is 1500

> I'm not very confident in my setsockopt call:

> const int true = 1;
> rc = setsockopt(sd, 0, SO_BROADCAST, &true, 1);

1. udp broadcast forwarding

Hello

I want to forward udp broadcasts across network.
example :

on eth0
i have bcast 192.1.2.255 on port 1234
and i want redirect udp packets
on eth1 192.1.3.255 on port 1234

the host is a redhat linux "firewall"

do you have any idea ??
thanks

2. cp that makes holes

3. UDP port broadcasting

4. subscribe

5. broadcasting using UDP

6. Linux Chat Server

7. UDP broadcast server-client example.

8. test

9. code needed for UDP broadcast

10. UDP Broadcasts Doesn't ?????

11. UDP broadcasting & multiple interfaces

12. Socket Programming - Broadcasting with UDP

13. UDP Broadcasting